I love museums, libraries, and archives. I’ve interned, worked at and with many of these organizations across the United States. When I travel, I visit as many as I can. I’ve worked with a variety of shapes and sizes, from small nonprofits to the federal government. One thing that is true for all of them is that they could all use more resources and expertise. With my background and experience, I can intuitively scale to your needs. I understand that resources are precious, so I work to ensure that you get far more back than what you invested to bring me onboard.
- Assess the collection, program, and the organization’s mission, and provide recommendations for updating to better meet stakeholder needs
- Train staff in handling, rehousing, preservation, repair, processing, cataloging, digitization, and social media
- Evaluate and recommend a facility plan to set up your physical and digital space according to archival standards and best practices
- Conduct and write a preservation needs assessment report for a facility and/or collection
- Assess collections scheduled for processing, provide a needs assessment, and suggest a processing workflow
- Construct a purchase list for rehousing, preservation, and restoration supplies specific to the needs of the collection
- Create an oral history program and provide an interview template with technology recommendations
- Conduct, edit, and publish recorded oral history interviews
- Research historical sources for information on people, organizations, and/or topics
- Write an exhibit proposal, review narratives, create an exhibit storyline
- Evaluate and provide options for a digital asset management system (DAMS)
- Recommend a catalog system based on organization and stakeholder needs
- Implement a catalog system and/or a DAMS, create an efficient workflow, and create a finding aid and/or catalog record template per collection
- Review needs for social media platform, conduct audience analysis and provide a social media platform recommendation
Let’s work together! Call or email me for a free 30 minute consult call, to learn how I can turn your vision into a reality: 503.922.3402, email@example.com.