I love museums, libraries, and archives. I’ve interned, worked at and with many of these organizations across the United States. When I travel, I visit as many as I can. I’ve worked with a variety of shapes and sizes, from small nonprofits to the federal government. One thing that is true for all of them is that they could all use more resources and expertise. With my background and experience, I can intuitively scale to your needs. I understand that resources are precious, so I work to ensure that you get far more back than what you invested to bring me onboard.
- Assess the collection, program, and the organization’s mission, and provide recommendations for updating to better meet stakeholder needs
- Train staff in handling, rehousing, preservation, repair, processing, cataloging, digitization, and social media
- Set up your physical and digital space
- Conduct and create a preservation needs assessment
- Assess collections scheduled for processing to provide a needs assessment and best processing options
- Write an exhibit proposal, review narratives, create an exhibit storyline
- Recommend a catalog system
- Evaluate and provide options for a digital asset management system (DAMS)
- Implement a catalog system and/or a DAMS, create efficient workflow, and create a finding aid and/or catalog record template per collection
- Create a purchase list for rehousing, preservation, and restoration supplies
- Review needs for social media platform, conduct audience analysis and provide a social media platform recommendation
- Create an oral history program and provide an interview template with technology recommendations
- Conduct, edit, and publish recorded oral history interviews
Let’s work together! Call or email me for a free 30 minute consult call, to learn how I can turn your vision into a reality: 503.922.3402, email@example.com.